Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I learned the love of cooking from my grandmother, Grandma Anne. She inspired me in so many areas of my life.
Some of the best food I have ever eaten came out of a simple kitchen on Limerick Lane, the street on which my grandparents lived.. 
As I got older (and braver), I began to experiment with recipes of my own just as Grandma Anne had done most of her married life. I will always remember calling or going to see her and sharing my latest concoction.
This recipe is dear to me as my grandmother loved it and always encouraged me to publish it or enter it into a contest. She said it was a sure winner. I hope you enjoy it as much as she did.

Southwest Chicken Wraps

1 pkg. large tortillas (plain,tomato basil, jalapeƱo cheddar, etc.)
1 pkg. chicken breast / or 2 lg cans chicken breast
2 tbs. olive oil
3 – 4 cloves garlic (minced) or 1tsp
3-4 stalks green onion (chopped)
1/4 cup (heaping) chopped cilantro (1 bunch)
I can rotel tomatoes (drained)
I can black beans (drained)
1cup summer crisp corn 
1/2 cup (heaping) shredded cheddar (I prefer sharp)
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp. red pepper
Pinch of salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large skillet heat olive oil .
Next add chicken and cook until done. (7-10 minutes). (skip if you use canned chicken)
Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl and then set aside.
When chicken is done (shred/chop chicken) then add them to mixture and stir well.
(if you do not cook chicken add olive oil with other ingredients)
Spoon mixture into middle of tortillas and wrap up the sides.
Place wraps onto foil lined baking sheet (this makes for easy clean up) and bake until slightly toasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment