Did you know oven cleaner has many uses around the home other than what it was originally created for? It can be used for a variety of cleaning projects such as removing grime in the bathroom and grease in the garage or even stripping paint.I have used it in my bathroom and have been amazed at the results. Below are some of the helpful uses this caustic cleaner can be utilized for. Please read the tips and warnings section before each use.
Refresh grimy bathroom grout. Spray oven cleaner on a small section of ceramic tile in a well-ventilated bathroom. Wipe off within 5 seconds to reveal sparkling grout. Continue working in small sections, taking care not to spray painted walls or the shower curtain.
Strip wood or metal furniture with spray-on oven cleaner. Apply, let sit for a few minutes and then scrub off paint with a wire brush. Neutralize the area with white vinegar and wash with cool water.
Banish oil and grease stains from concrete garage or driveway floors. Spray oven cleaner on the stain and let stand for 10 minutes. Scrub with a stiff brush and rinse with a high-pressure garden hose. Repeat as needed.
Remove stubborn baked-on stains from over-proof cookware. Pull on a pair of rubber gloves and cover each piece of cookware with the oven cleaner. Place each piece in a heavy-duty trash bag, seal the bag and set outdoors overnight. Wear rubber gloves and open the bag outdoors. Face away from the fumes. Remove the cookware, rinse it and wash in hot, soapy water.
De-gunk a curling iron. Remove built-up styling gel and mousse by spraying on a light coat of oven cleaner. Wait 1 hour, wipe it off with a damp cloth and let dry. Wait until the curling iron is completely dry before using.
Eliminate stubborn bathtub ring on a white porcelain tub. Spray with oven cleaner in a well-ventilated bathroom and let it sit for 3 hours. Rinse thoroughly.
Tips & Warnings
· Don't use oven cleaner to strip antiques or valuable pieces. Oven cleaner may darken wood or discolor metal.
· Don't use over cleaner to clean colored porcelain in the bathroom or kitchen.
· Oven cleaner can irritate skin, eyes and nasal membranes. Read the product label. Wear eye protection, rubber gloves and a breathing mask when working with it.
· Keep oven cleaner and all cleaning supplies out of the reach of children and pets.
· Work in a well-ventilated area when spraying oven cleaner.